I love the Emmy’s. Even more so recently since I’ve been expanding my small screen entertainment choices along with the boom of ridiculously crazy good shows that are popping up everywhere (shout out to streaming websites, you guys are doing great! And FX, great come-back).
Here are some of my thoughts of last Sunday night:
- My usual “Need-To-Watch” list that I make during the Emmy’s was a lot shorter this year. It’s three shows long: Fargo (Season 2), The Night Manager, and The People Vs. O.J. Simpson. All of which were already part of my already existing list of shows to watch and catch up on.
- Mr. Robot was a pleasant surprise! I’m glad more and more genre (geeky genre) TV shows are getting treated with more respect.
- Same goes for Orphan Black!
- Speaking of Mr. Robot… I knew Rami Malek is cute but I never got the “hottie” appeal from him. But damn, he looked so dapper and his lisp? HIS LISP? HE HAD A LISP! AND IT WAS CLASSY AF.
- Okay, I’m sorry. I just never thought I’d like a man in a white tux this much.
- So glad Master of None got some attention, particularly the “Parents” episode. I related to that episode so much and I never thought I’d see an episode that mirrored my family closely.